Tuesday 10 May 2011

Face book & Twitter

I can see how Face book can be helpful for some Companies to have their staff use a COMPANY face book site and hop on it once a day to talk with other people, or write comments on it, to build interest & building rapport and maintaining that interest within that company (if there is something that the company is pushing)... I guess it could work within the library if we wanted to share reviews of books or talk about new titles we have added to our collection We can shoot messages out on our facebook page to all the people who have signed up on us, who of course will be interesting in knowing about new updated info such as this.It was fun to make my own personal face book page up, as up to now I only knew about it, but did not have a page... I can see how adictive it can be....oh O!

However, with regards TWITTER, I'm not as sure how this can benifit the library as much, as there are many other (and more heavily used by the demographic that use our library), of electronic forms, that would be better to promote the library (and what is going on in the library), like a blog for example, than I think TWITTER would be, as I think with TWITTER you get alot of unnecessary information on it from people writing whatever comes into their heads, that really should just stay in their heads!!!!
....
But it was interesting anyway though to see how it all works...

1 comment: